A Few Reminders
Your wedding is coming quicker than you thought, isn’t it? Yes it happens to all of us. One day you get engaged and think the big day can not come fast enough; next time you blink you’re at 30 days out and have no idea where the time went. While you’re planning all of the big and last minute details, keep these little tips in mind:
1. If you’re going to whiten your teeth start doing it a least a month in advance, or else it won’t matter much. Along these same lines – get your haircut and facial 2 weeks in advance (to counter any accidents, bad jobs, or unexpected effects) and have your eyebrows waxed 5 days before (nobody looks good with a red bumpy brow in pictures).
2. Definitely go with an up-‘do if you are having an outdoor affair, plan to dance a lot, or have thin/limp hair. The last thing you want to worry about is sweaty, sticky, losing-its-shape hair on your wedding day.
3. You don’t need a purse. Want your compact, lipstick, comb, or gum? That’s what bridesmaids are for. Give them pretty purses as an attendants gift and then give them your stuff to carry. Ta-da!
4. Send a note over to your groom before the ceremony. What you write is up to you but keep it short and sincere. It will mean a lot to your soon-to-be-spouse.
5. Make someone in your party responsible for the Emergency Kit, and keep it close. Among many other things be sure to include baby wipes and white-out. Baby wipes will keep hands clean, which will help keep your dress clean. White-out will quickly cover any smudges that get on your dress, no matter how clean everyone’s hands are!
6. Remember on Final Exam day when you had to force yourself to stop studying? The theory was “If I don’t know it by now, then I’m not going to”. Adopt the same theory for your wedding day – “If it’s not done by now, it’s not going to be”. Don’t worry, everything is going to be beautiful so relax, eat, spend time with your girls, and take it all in.